Sunday, October 08, 2006

Crantastic!

Did you know that there are more than 14,000 acres of cranberry bogs in Massachusetts? Neither did we until we attended the Heritage Cranberry Festival today in Wareham, MA. We also had no idea how cranberries were grown or harvested, but now we can field any Trivial Pursuit questions on the subject.

All good family-friendly festivals have face painting. In celebration of the season, Charlie chose a pumpkin. In the background Chris holds a balloon animal that its creator tried to pass off as a cat.
Not even a Cranberry Festival can escape the curse of the weirdo carny -- he made the carousel go round and round at scary speeds for nearly five minutes. I almost barfed when I got off, but Charlie cried to do it again.
Touring the cranberry bogs.Harvesting cranberries - surprisingly gorgeous.
What's better than a tractor-pulled wagon? One pulled by horses! Charlie entertains herself with a couple of rocks while we wait our turn.We call this photograph "Exorcist baby takes a wagon ride."
Self-portrait, Exorcist tamed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Charlie,

You are sooooo lucky to be able to wear that cute hair clip! Is there some sort of shampoo or conditioner you'd recommend to help me grow my hair?

I think I'd look really good with a cute clip too, but when I mention it, my parents just keep saying "if you didn't have feet, why would you need shoes?" and I don't understand!!

Help!

Love,
Tenley