In her most recent blog post, Sherie remarks that Halloween was really 4 days for them. For us, I would say 31.
31 days of talking about it, planning for it, crafting decorations, Roscoe Village parade, school parade, costume party for Chris's 40th (eek!) birthday, and then the celebrating of the actual holiday!
I think that the Halloween fanaticism really ramped up when we bought this year's Martha Stewart Halloween magazine. Over the course of the month, we made the following projects from that issue: tombstones for the front yard; floating doorway ghost; bat pinata; butterfly costume (two!); cat pumpkin; and pumpkin bowl. Throw in some of our own creations such as vampire teeth mobiles and a life-size skeleton for "pin-the-bone-on-the-skeleton," and well, we were very busy.
Getting into the spirit with an iPhone application (don't worry, we did not actually decorate Juliet's face!) and some vampire teeth.
School Halloween parade
The first of three days in a row that Charlie wears black leggings, black t-shirt, and her butterfly wings. Martha Stewart gave us the basic pattern, but the colors and design is all Charlie.
Hawthorne School Room 102
Charlie and SemajeThe hosts: two butterflies, a caterpillar, and a zombie butterfly catcher
Some other crazy characters showed up as well (lots more than photographed - I just put the camera down and had fun)
I am distraught that I did not take a picture of our bat pinata. A rather simple project that took several days to create, it turned out really great. And three layers of newspaper and two layers of tissue paper are surprisingly strong! Wednesday morning update: Beth had a picture of the bat! Hooray for Beth!
I started out late feeding and changing Juliet, so I did not get a picture of Charlie and our neighbors Carly and Rachel before they got started. I tried to get some pictures as they ran from house to house, but they're all bad, and they're all of their backs. This is all I've got worth sharing:

Juliet was bundled up in her stroller during trick or treating, but I did snap some pictures of her in costume when we got home.




On to Thanksgiving planning and decorating!
Juliet was bundled up in her stroller during trick or treating, but I did snap some pictures of her in costume when we got home.


On to Thanksgiving planning and decorating!

No comments:
Post a Comment