Monday, January 02, 2012

Welcome to 2012

Today feels like the last day of vacation even though Charlie is off for another four days.  Alas, today is Chris's last day at home, and Wednesday I'm back to work.  All good things must come to an end, I guess.

In reviewing my photos from the holiday, I should resolve to take more pictures in 2012, but when I don't see any pictures that reminds me that I was too busy being in the moment (be in the moment - one of my New Year's goals!).  So, I wish that I had photos of the girls (and us) with all the grandparents and aunts and uncles and cousins that brightened our holiday, but alas...

First up in this random post - our annual cookie decorating party




We gave Juliet a whole cookie to play with, and it was not nearly as exciting or tasty to her as the two chocolate chips she had.  Wow, I know what my go-to bribe can be for potty training!


Grammy arrived a few days later - it was great to have a few days to relax before things got too crazy.  Here, Juliet shows off her mad iPad swiping skills.


Christmas Eve.  New pjs, Christmas books, all the grandparents, and an attempt at a really good photo.









Christmas morning:  Roddy, Scooter, Baby Doll, oh my!




Post-Christmas test-drive of the new scooter (and of little sister's hand-me-down scooter).



New Year's Day.  Chris and Charlie (looking very enthused) made some delicious (or so I thought) lemon bars.  Both adhering (mostly) to our no bathe, no getting dressed New Year's Day policy.



Here's a better smile:



And, finally, things your baby might do on New Year's Day when you're not looking:

1.  Get into a fight with a green magic marker:



 

2.  Attempt to eat play-doh (it is, in fact, in Juliet's mouth, but she did not eat it):


3.  Climb on (and sit on or stand on) the kitchen table.  Juliet does this while chanting "no, no, no".  Yes, there is a glass of wine right in front of her.  Amazingly, we do stupid things like this all the time and she has yet (knock wood) to throw a glass to the floor.



 I'd resolve to pay more attention to such shenanigans, but it would be a lost cause.  Happy 2012!

No comments: