Tuesday, April 10, 2012

the secret ingredient is lemon zest

Charlie is anti-sauce.  Except, perhaps for pizza, hamburgers, peanut butter and jelly, and turkey or ham sandwiches, she is against more than two ingredients touching in anything she eats (the sandwiches have bread, meat, mayo and honey mustard.  god help you if you try and sneak on cheese).  Pasta?  ALWAYS plain.  She will eat ravioli (spinach no less), but no sauce save for a little olive oil.  Won't even pretend to eat a bite of lasagne.  So, imagine our surprise, excitement, and shock and awe when she ate a full portion (Charlie-size, of course) of stuffed shells at dinner tonight...WITH SAUCE.  And then asked for a second helping!  This might become our new most favorite recipe.  And, Juliet loved it too - as evidenced by the food and smile on her face.


Stuffed Shells Recipe - 101 Cookbooks (I left out the red pepper flakes because even a hint of spiciness sends Charlie screaming.  I used fire roasted tomatoes for the 14 oz. can, which I think compensated for the loss of red pepper.)

No comments: