Thursday, November 01, 2007

The Doctor Will See You Now: A Halloween Play in Two Acts

Scene: An outdoor doctor's examination room in Medford, MA. Our talented doctor waits impatiently for her 6:30 appointment. She has people to see, doorbells to ring, and candy to collect.

Scene I:
Dr. Charlie: Hmmm... My patient is very late. How annoying.

Enter the patient, Christopher Johnston. Mr. Johnston is seeing the doctor for his 37th year appointment.

Dr. Charlie: Ah, Mr. Johnston. It's about time.
Mr. Johnston: Er, emmm, eh.
Dr. Charlie: A basic check-up, yes? Well, let's get started.
Mr. Johnston: Er, emmm, eh.

Dr. Charlie: Ah, your heart sounds good. Nice steady tick.

Dr. Charlie: And, open your mouth please. Looks good, looks good. Oh, by the way, do you know the name of that thing that hangs down at the back of your throat? My Mommy is a failure at basic anatomy and can't tell me it's name.
Dr. Charlie: Well, you check out well, but I'd like to give you a shot just in case.
Dr. Charlie: Now you will pay me the money....hey, Buddy! Get your hands out of my pockets! These are my tools!

Scene II:
A local Halloween party. Dr. Charlie hobnobs with her colleague Oscar the Grouch.

Dr. Charlie: You can't believe this guy that I had in my office today. Claimed it was his 37th birthday appointment, but I swear he wasn't a day over 36.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oscar the Grouch's mom comments:
Uvula. ;)
(and thanks for the much-needed laugh this morning!)