So needless to say, Monday was an extremely exciting day for Charlie - chickens, chicks, and eggs came to school! Charlie picked out her chicken t-shirt to wear that day because she thought it would make the chicks feel less scared. When I recommended farm girl braids (anything to get the hair out of her face), she was all for it. The day did not disappoint - while she didn't get to hold a chick, she did get to pet one - a total thrill.
The photos below actually fit within the farm girl organizing principle of this post - I took them while Charlie was sitting on the couch listening to a reading of Little House on the Prairie. The Little House books were among my absolute favorites as a child, so I'm ecstatic that she's enjoying them as well. We've already listened to Little House in the Big Woods, and Charlie enjoyed it more than I expected her to -- hooray!
No comments:
Post a Comment