Wednesday, July 01, 2009

Charlie's last day of school

Charlie is missing her school and friends so much and can't stop talking about them. It's a bit heart-breaking, actually. Looking at these pictures, I can see why she's feeling sad; Charlie had a truly wonderful last day, not to mention an amazing school year.

Charlie and Nancy. Nancy was the teacher on duty at drop off, so I got to have a conversation with her every morning. I think that I'll miss her as much as Charlie will.
Charlie and Natacha.Charlie and Palo. Palo was one of Charlie's teachers last year as well - he brought a whole different dimension to the preschool teaching staff!We had a terribly cold and rainy Spring in Cambridge. The last day of school was sunny and moderately warm, so they broke out the big pool for water play. Palo stood in the middle of the pool splashing, jumping, and generally behaving like one of the kids. The real kids were crazy with excitement.
Charlie and her boyfriends - Albert (center) and Tanmay. These boys doted on Charlie, and she adored them. We are very lucky that Tanmay's father is starting a graduate program in Chicago this Fall, so Tanmay will be a Chicagoan too - if only for a year.
Ben, Charlie, Albert.
What goes better with swimming than ice cream sandwiches?
A little baseball, anyone?

* * * *
Moving Update: So, we're here! After nearly 16 hours in the car over two days, we are here in Chicago. We're living in a furnished, temporary apartment in Old Town for July and some of August. We have an accepted offer on a house in the Roscoe Village neighborhood; the inspection is tomorrow, and a lot can happen between now and a closing, so the less I say the better! We're seeing people, enjoying the city, and basking in all three of us being together.

No comments: