Thankfully, pictures in iPhoto retain their creation dates!
It seems that both Charlie and Juliet had their first meals about the same time -- midway through month five. Charlie was not a fan of rice cereal, but Juliet is lapping it up. Which, you can't tell because the poor kid is only getting documented with a cell phone camera. Tonight we try potatoes, Juliet's first food other than rice cereal, so maybe we can get our act together.
Here are the girls:
Charlie
Juliet
As far as sitting up on their own is going, frankly, it looks like Juliet is kicking Charlie's ass on this one (NOT that it is a competition!). Juliet is really freakishly strong, or so she appears to be to us.
The first pictures of Charlie that I could find where we have clearly moved away from her and felt she wouldn't face-plant before the picture was taken are from early April 2005 - putting her at almost seven months. Juliet's pictures were taken today - she'll be six months on the 14th. And, for added fun, she's sitting on the same blanket as Charlie and wearing the same shirt (albeit a different size). While we are not about to put Juliet on the hardwood floors or kitchen tile and walk away, she is sturdy enough to let play on her own on carpet and squishy surfaces. She can even reach forward, grab a toy, and then sit up tall to chew on it. Go, Juliet!
Charlie



1 comment:
Sheer adorableness. I LOOOOOVE these pix. So darn cute I can't stand it!! But yes, talk about how parenting ages a person-- whoa. I feel like I've aged 20 years in the past 5! And I look it, too! Oy.
big hugs to all... xoxo
Post a Comment